Hi and a Happy New Year to my lovely followers and readers. My New Year starts today. Here at the Wool Nest, everyone is back at school/work (including me!) and I've made a great start with my To Do list for Today.
My main aim for 2014 is to be more organised. I've started a new note book for my designing, teaching and writing and I'm hoping to keep everything in one place, instead of having bits of paper all over the place, which tend to get lost or misplaced (especially if hubby has had a tidy up!!!).
I tidied up The Wool Nest just before Christmas and had a little sort out of yarn. I promised some yarn to my daughter's friend who crochets cute little things to sell. I've sorted out a bagful but I'm sure I could make more of an effort and part with a little bit more. My motto for 2014 is "USE IT OR LOSE IT". Basically, I'm going to sort through The Wool Nest and if I haven't used something for ages, then it goes - either to a friend or charity. I might even sell a few things too in order to save some pennies for my yarny trips to Wonder Wool Wales and Yarndale. It includes magazines, books, yarn and fabric. I either use them or lose them.
So what else is in store for 2014?
- I'll be sharing lots of patterns this year. I have so many designs sitting on my computer that I could share. They just need a sample working up then it's all systems go. So don't forget to follow my blog by email so that you don't miss out.
- I'm working on a new book with Search Press called Crochet Fairy Tales. I'll keep you informed of progress and let you have a sneaky peak of designs where possible.
- I'll be running knitting and crochet classes through the Sandbach Adult Education programme my next crochet course is here: http://adulted.sandbachschool.org/skills_for_life/craft-intermediate-crochet/#.UsqbHTOYbIU and my next knitting course is here: http://adulted.sandbachschool.org/art_design/knitting-for-beginners/#.UsqbjDOYbIU
- I'm hoping to continue to work with the lovely editors that I've been working with for a few years now, plus some new magazines that I haven't worked with before, which is great news. So look out for my latest designs each month in your local newsagents.
- I'll be running giveaways with some lovely prizes including a signed copy of my Fun Hats Book, published in 2013 by Search Press.
Most of all I hope to inspire you all to take out your needles and hooks and make something lovely.
What are your hopes for 2014? I'd love to hear them. Happy crafting, Lynne x